Sunday, March 31, 2013

Get this Cancer Out!

The biopsy for the top lump came back negative, which means I still have the option of the lumpectomy. Though I am still seriously considering a mastectomy. But when I told my surgeon that I was still not sure which procedure I preferred, she said that scheduling the mastectomy with the plastic surgeon would be 2-3 weeks from now... and I want to get this cancer out NOW! She also needs to remove some of my lymph nodes to make sure it hasn't spread. Since this is a major concern, we are proceeding with the lumpectomy tomorrow! 

She will make her incision along the inframammary crease so that I can get the mastectomy later and have the same incision (scar)! Excited to get this cancer out!!! Wish me luck, I go in at 9am.

No comments:

Post a Comment