Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lumpectomy Surgery

Yesterday I had the lump removed, along with a few lymph nodes from under my arm, to determine whether the cancer has spread. The worst part was the iv in my arm, which was super uncomfortable for hours before I actually went into surgery. Otherwise, the City of Hope staff made me super comfortable. We even sang Elton Jon when they wheeled me into the surgery room...lol.

When I woke up, I was super silly and kept talking about cookies. I was even reciting lines from old movies, like "you guys want some cookies!" Melanie and my boyfriend got a real kick out of it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jocelyn. Don't know if you remember me, but I was the youth pastor at the time at First Baptist Orange Park. You attended our youth group for a while. I'm behind here, and just heard of your journey. Praying for you. Believing God will see you through this as you win this battle! - David Tarkington

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm still at First Baptist. I'm the senior pastor now. Let me know if there's anything we can do for you. (www.opfirst.org)

    ReplyDelete