Thursday, March 28, 2013

Biopsy #2

Biopsy # 2 down! After my MRI the doctors determined that there were not one, but THREE lumps in my right breast. Two of them n the lower outter quadrant and one in the upper right! If all of them prove to be cancer, I will definitely need to remove the entire breast. As much as I HATED the biopsy I had last time, I decided to have another biopsy...just for the lump in the top right part. The one that showed up as being right next to the existing lump I asked to forego the biopsy and just have it removed while they are already in there.

In other words, if this biopsy comes back clear, I will have the option of lumpectomy still....if it comes back as cancer, we will have to do a mastectomy.

The doctors are hoping to have results tomorrow, which will determine whether I have the lumpectomy on Monday, with radiation...OR a mastectomy next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment