Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Bummed by a Boy

Super bummed out today because I went on three dates with this guy who seemed like he had a lot of potential...super handsome, smart, wealthy...and then i told him about my health situation. I minimized it as much as possible and assured him of all the ways I have been living and having fun and how I only have one more chemo and am almost through it! He seemed to take it well, asking a lot of questions, but repeating how it made him feel like a baby for all the things that he complains about. In any case, this morning I got a long text, basically saying that it was too heavy for him and that he just wanted to be friends. :( Sucks.

I feel like the worst part of this cancer has been how people treat me...particularly men! It's like they have no coping mechanisms! I go this handled...not asking for any of your help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment